lördag 23 april 2011

Epistemology, asha and druj (Part 3)

I'm not cutting anybody down.
There are only vocabularies. I use my vocabulary and you use yours. "There is nothing outside of language" Wittgenstein
Så if I cut anybody down then I cut EVERYBODY down. And maybe that's a good start!
I rarely use the terms Truth and Lie because if I find they often lead people in the wrong directions (including making them they think they understand things they do not really understand and making them believe their claims have substance because they sound good in a common sense sort of way but really don't amount to much). I prefer to use terms like Relevance and Attitude, it is a vocabulary that I find more useful. It is also closer to what Zarathushtra meant with asha and druj. He was 100% concerned with USEFULNESS and not with winning some war on metaphysics.
So usefulness is what we are concerned with as Zoroastrians. Making absolute claims on what is true and what is a lie is where Abrahamism goes all wrong. To break Zoroastrianism out of the Abrahamic void, we need to translate our fundamental terminology better. As Daniel has so intelligently pointed out already.

Ushta
Alexander

2011/4/23 Parviz Varjavand

And what does "if using your vocabulary" mean? First you cut me down as if my vocabulary is that of an ignoramus, and next you use "my vocabulary" to make a point. Are you lowering yourself to the level of us peasants to make a point so that we the crude can also understand what you want to say? Why don't you use YOUR vocabulary so that I can cut it to shreds with the same arguments that you cut mine to shreds!?

--- On Sat, 4/23/11, Alexander Bard wrote:

From: Alexander Bard
Subject: Re: [Ushta] Epistemology, asha and druj
To: Ushta@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 5:57 AM

As sure as I can possibly be, as TRUE as a TRUTH can possibly be, if using your vocabulary.
Ushta
Alexander

2011/4/23 Parviz Varjavand

How could you be so sure that the payee does not get to any heaven?
????? & ?????

--- On Sat, 4/23/11, Alexander Bard wrote:

From: Alexander Bard
Subject: Re: [Ushta] Epistemology, asha and druj
To: Ushta@yahoogroups.com
Date: Saturday, April 23, 2011, 5:13 AM

No, since the payee does not get to any heaven, "the lie" actually does not work at all.
"Druj" still means "that which does not work", "that which does not fit", no matter how hard you try to turn "druj" into something else which I must admit seems intellectually inferior to Zarathushtra's genial meaning.
Even a term like "druj" should be treated with the attitude of "asha"...
Ushta
Alexander

Inga kommentarer: